Watching some of the most magnificent sea creatures could be an experience of a lifetime. Yes, you guessed it right; we are talking about watching the whales!
Watching whales could be an activity that would really thrill you. So, before you go on that journey it would be good if you know what to expect and what not to.
Things to do:
- If you are going on a trip to watch the whales, always choose a very reputable company. Because these trips are expensive and you would definitely want something that is worth every dollar you spend. Research never lets you down, so get a good research done.
- Get a weather check. However much you love adventure, watching the whales on a rough day when the sea is going crazy would not be a great idea. Although most well-known operators would not go out on a rough day, but if you think you are scared of water or have motion sickness, then choose the calmest day. This would ensure that your trip remains pleasurable.
- Do a research on the sightings, whales are after all animals and there is no guarantee. Although the most reputed tour operators give a guarantee, but it would still be better to know where the whales have been spotted, their species and the number.
- A trip for whale watching at Warrnambool or watch the majestic creatures mean a whole day at sea. So pack accordingly. Wear comfortable clothes mostly layers as the temperature could be a bit cooler and there could be showers. Shoes should be boots or something covered and wear lots of sunscreen.
- If you think you could have motion sickness, consult a doctor and get some medicine. These kinds of trips are really long, so if you are feeling sick, the entire watching could be ruined. Take the medicine 30 minutes prior to the trip, so that you do not end up sick.
- Punctuality will only help you start your tour in a relaxed way. Get there on time.
- Get a high end camera. These experiences would last a lifetime if you capture them properly on a great camera. The camera must be able to capture things even in high speed.
- Go with an open mind. Whales are animals, and the same animals will not be sighted every day and they would not be performing exotic stances everyday every time. The pictures on the website come from years of sightings and they are the best of the collection. So, do not get disappointed if you do not see a particular species or a certain number of whales. It is important to enjoy the entire experience and appreciate every moment of the tour, rather than cribbing about what you expected.
Go ahead and watch the whales at their natural best!